Center of Low Carbon Technology for Building and City, Faculty of Environmental Engineering – The University of Kitakyushu (Japan)
Contents of the competition:
The Center of Low Carbon Technology for Building and City is pleased to invite students from Asian countries to take part in the third LCTBC 2013 International Student Design Competition “re-SHAPING urban coastal land-SCAPES” for the Hibikinada Area in Kitakyushu (Japan).
The competition addresses the problem of future developments dealing with reclaimed land in an urban context. The competition asks the students to re-design and make a proposal for a low carbon urban coastal project. The Hibikinada Area should be considered as a real problematic area for the city of Kitakyushu.
Hibikinada Area, Kitakyushu (Japan)
Admission: Multidisciplinary teams of Graduate (Master and PhD students) and Undergraduate students from Architecture, Landscape, Civil Engineering and related disciplines are accepted. Team and individual entries are accepted. Only one project may be submitted per person or per team.
You can choose the whole Hibikinada Area or only a part, for example 2 or 3 sites in the Hibikinada Area, as the site for your proposal of this competition.
All proposals should contain one or more of below features:
- overall sustainable concept
- green space design
- usage of renewable energy systems
- sustainable transport systems
- connection to the surrounding urban area
Prof. Bart Dewancker, The University of Kitakyushu (Japan)
Prof. Yue Fan, Dalian University of Technology (China)
Prof. Dian Zhou, Xian Jiaotong University (China)
Prof. Gong Min, Zhejiang University City College (China)
Arch. Mochamad Donny Koerniawan, Institut Teknologi Bandung (Indonesia)
Prof. Pawinee Iamtrakul, Thammasat University (Thailand)
Prof. Nguyen To Lang, Hanoi Architectural University (Vietnam)
Prof. Hiroatsu Fukuda, The University of Kitakyushu (Japan)
Competition announcement: 23 May 2013
Registration starting date: 23 May 2013
Registration deadline: 20 July 2013
Inquiry deadline: 31 July 2013 (email@example.com)
Deadline for written response to inquiries: 15 August 2013
Closing date for proposal submissions: 10 September 2013
Winners will be announced: 10 October 2013 (Students of the winning project teams are invited to participate into the International Workshop and Conference on re-SHAPING urban coastal land-SCAPES, held February 15 to March 1, 2014 in Kitakyushu, Japan)
Award Ceremony: End February 2014 at the International Workshop and Conference on re-SHAPING urban coastal land-SCAPES, held February 15 to March 1, 2014 in Kitakyushu, Japan)
Exhibition: All selected entries will be exhibited during the International Workshop and Conference on re-SHAPING urban coastal land-SCAPES, held February 15 to March 1, 2014 in Kitakyushu, Japan)
- First Prize: 50,000 Yen and a certificate
- Second Prize: 30,000 Yen and a certificate
- Third Prize: 10,000 Yen and a certificate
- 7 Honorable Mentions: Certificate
For registration, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, containing the names of all participants of your team, name of university including name of faculty and/or department, and e-mail address of the team’s head student. Individual entries are accepted as well.
After your registration, you will receive a registration number which must be integrated in all boards of your final submission.
No registration fees are required for the competition.
The official language of the competition is English.
- Digital form: 4 A2 panels (JPEG files) and a PDF file containing the project statement (A4, 2 pages) in English.
- The boards should contain project concept, diagrams, plans, sections, perspectives, and photographs, all in English.
- Entries must contain the registration digit in the lower right corner of the boards (18pt).
- No names of participants or affiliations are allowed on the boards.
- Proposals shall be sent by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, and one file should not exceed 10MB. Proposals are not accepted after closing date for proposal submissions.
- File name: the registration number followed by page number 01, 02, 03 and 04, and 05 for the project statement
- Size: maximum 10 Mb for 1 file
- Panel dimensions: horizontal (594mm x 420mm)