Center of Low Carbon Technology for Building and City, Faculty of Environmental Engineering – The University of Kitakyushu
Contents of the competition
The Center of Low Carbon Technology for Building and City is pleased to invite students from Asian countries to take part in the second LCTBC 2012 International Student Design Competition on Low Carbon Cities in Asia: Compact City Proposal for the Dokai Bay Area in Kitakyushu (Japan).
The competition addresses the problem of the redevelopment of the Dokai Bay Area in Kitakyushu, Japan. The competition asks the students a design proposal for a low carbon urban redevelopment project. The Dokai Bay Area should be considered as a real problematic area for the city of Kitakyushu.
Dokai Bay Area, Kitakyushu (Japan)
Multidisciplinary teams of Graduate (Master and PhD students) and Undergraduate students from Architecture, Landscape, Civil Engineering and related Faculties are accepted. Team and individual entries are accepted. Only one project may be submitted per person or per team.
You can choose the whole Dokai Bay Area or only a part, for example 2 or 3 sites along the Dokai Bay, as the site for your proposal of this competition.
All proposals should contain one or more of below features:
- overall sustainable concept
- green space design
- usage of renewable energy systems
- sustainable transport systems
- connection to the surrounding urban area
Prof. Bart Dewancker, The University of Kitakyushu (Japan)
Prof. Yue Fan, Dalian University of Technology (China)
Prof. Pawinee Iamtrakul, Thammasat University (Thailand)
Prof. Mochamad Donny Koerniawan, Institut Teknologi Bandung (Indonesia)
Prof. Nguyen To Lang, Hanoi Architectural University (Vietnam)
Prof. Dian Zhou, Xian Jiaotong University (China)
Prof. Hiroatsu Fukuda, The University of Kitakyushu (Japan)
Competition announcement: May 14th , 2012
Registration starting date: May 14th , 2012
Registration deadline: July 20th , 2012
Inquiry deadline: July 31st , 2012 (email@example.com)
Deadline for written response to inquiries: August 15th , 2012
Closing date for proposal submissions: September 10th , 2012
Winners will be announced: October 10th , 2012 (Students of the winning project teams are invited to participate into the International Workshop on Asian Urban Environment and Compact City, held February 16 to March 2, 2013 in Kitakyushu, Japan)
-Award Ceremony: End February 2013 at the International Workshop on Asian Urban Environment and Compact City, held February 16 to March 2, 2013 in Kitakyushu, Japan)
-Exhibition: All selected entries will be exhibited during the International Workshop on Asian Urban Environment and Compact City, held February 16 to March 2, 2013 in Kitakyushu, Japan)
- First Prize: 50,000 Yen and a certificate
- Second Prize: 30,000 Yen and a certificate
- Third Prize: 10,000 Yen and a certificate
- 7 Honorable Mentions: Certificate
For registration, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, containing the names of all participants of your team, name of university including name of faculty and/or department, and e-mail address of team’s head student. Individual entries are accepted as well.
After your registration, you will receive a registration number which must be integrated in all boards of your final submission.
No registration fees are required for the competition.
The official language of the competition is English.
- Four A2 panels (JPEG and PDF files) and a PDF file containing the project statement (A4, 2 pages) in English language.
- The boards should contain project concept, diagrams, plans, sections, perspectives, and photographs, in English language.
- Entries must contain the registration digit in the lower right corner of the boards (18pt).
- No names of participants or affiliations are allowed on the boards.
- Proposals shall be sent by email to email@example.com, one file should not exceed 10MB. Proposals are not accepted after closing date for proposal submissions.
- Digital form: JPEG or PDF
- File name: the registration number followed by page number 01, 02, 03 and 04, and 05 for the project statement
- Size: maximum 10 Mb for 1 file
- Panel dimensions: horizontal (594mm x 420mm)