Asia Institute of Low Carbon Design, The University of Kitakyushu (Japan)
Digital City Kokura
Contents of the competition
The Asia Institute of Low Carbon Design (AILCD) is pleased to invite students from all over the world to take part in the sixth AILCD International Student Design Competition. The theme of this year is “Digital City Kokura”. The competition addresses the problem of future developments of the Kokura City Center. The competition asks the students to make a proposal for a digital city within the Kokura area. The Kokura area should be considered as a real problematic area for the city of Kitakyushu.
Kokura area, Kitakyushu (Japan)
Multidisciplinary teams of Graduate (Master and PhD students) and Undergraduate students from Architecture, Landscape, Civil Engineering and related disciplines are accepted. Team and individual entries are accepted. Only one project may be submitted per person or per team.
You can choose the whole Kokura area or only a part, for example 2 or 3 sites within the Kokura area, as the site for your proposal of this competition.
All proposals should contain one or more of below features:
– digital city concept
– overall sustainable concept
– green space design
– usage of renewable energy systems
– sustainable transport systems
– connection to the surrounding urban area
Prof. Bart Dewancker, The University of Kitakyushu (Japan)
– Arch. Zhu Wang, Prof. Zhejiang University (China)
– Prof. Yue Fan, Dalian University of Technology (China)
– Prof. Dian Zhou, Xian Jiaotong University (China)
– Prof. Nguyen To Lang, Hanoi Architectural University (Vietnam)
– Arch. Mochamad Donny Koerniawan, Institut Teknologi Bandung (Indonesia)
– Arch. Fritz Akhmad Nuzir, Bandar Lampung University (Indonesia)
– Prof. Yiyin Tsai, Chung Hua University (Taiwan)
– Prof. Pawinee Iamtrakul, Thammasat University (Thailand)
– Prof. Hiroatsu Fukuda, The University of Kitakyushu (Japan)
– Competition announcement: 20 July 2016
– Registration starting date: 20 July 2016
– Registration deadline: 5 November 2016
– Inquiry deadline: 30 October 2016 (email@example.com)
– Deadline for written response to inquiries: 5 November 2016
– Closing date for proposal submissions: 13 November 2016
– Winners will be announced: 1 December 2016 (Students of the winning project teams are invited to participate into the International Conference and Workshop “Digital City Kokura”, held from 15 February until 1 March 2017 in Kitakyushu, Japan)
– Award Ceremony: End February 2017 at the International Conference and Workshop “Digital City Kokura”, held from 15 February until 1 March 2017 in Kitakyushu, Japan)
– Exhibition: All selected entries will be exhibited during the International Conference and Workshop “Digital City Kokura”, held from 15 February until 1 March 2017 in Kitakyushu, Japan)
– First Prize: 50,000 Yen and a certificate
– Second Prize: 30,000 Yen and a certificate
– Third Prize: 10,000 Yen and a certificate
– 7 Honorable Mentions: Certificate
For registration, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, containing;
– names and gender of all participants of your team, individual entries are accepted as well
– name of university including name of faculty and/or department
– e-mail address of the team’s head student
After your registration, you will receive a registration number which must be integrated in all boards of your final submission.
No registration fees are required for the competition.
The official language of the competition is English.